Student Employment

Student Guide to Employment at Flathead Valley Community College

Part-time work for students is an important component of the Flathead Valley Community College experience. The work student employees perform provides him/her with financial assistance and the opportunity to gain valuable work experience.

This guide is meant to be viewed as a tutorial for all student employees at Flathead Valley Community College. Students may jump to specific areas related to student employment by clicking the applicable tab or navigate through the steps below.


Student Employment Eligibility

A student employee is a part-time employee who must be currently enrolled at Flathead Valley Community College.  Student employees are not eligible to receive benefits such as vacation pay or sick leave.


Understanding the difference between Student Employment and Work Study & Non-Work Study

“Student employment” is an employee classification, like temporary, full- or part-time status.  Whereas, “work study” and “non-work study” indicates the funding source that pays the wages of student employees.

Learn more about work study and non-work study.


Student Employment Steps

Students who would like to obtain part-time employment, follow these steps:

  1. Find a Job and Apply at FVCC Job Openings
    * Click a Student job title to review the job description and minimum requirements.
    * Click the Apply for this Position button located at the bottom of the posting, and then follow the steps to complete and submit the online application. Students may also view and apply for jobs through FVCC’s Facebook by clicking Now Hiring tab.
  2. If a student is selected to interview, the supervisor will contact him/her.  Learn about preparing for an interview.
  3. If a Students is selected for a job, the supervisor will call him/her to make the job offer.
  4. Human Resources will send the newly hired student an electronic invitation to complete the online onboarding process.
  5. On or before the first day of work, the student must bring his/her original, unexpired identification documentation(s) to Human Resources to verify eligibility to work and submit a signed W-4 form before they are eligible to work.
  6. If the student is eligible for a Work Study award, he/she may not work until completing the onboarding process and their Work Study Agreement is signed by both the student and supervisor, and the agreement is returned to Financial Aid.

For more information on Student Employment at Flathead Valley Community College, contact the Student Employment Coordinator:

Denise Grabowski
(406) 756-3960
Blake Hall 151