- Enroll in FVCC college courses
- Participate in development and training programs
- Attend relevant conferences, seminars and workshops
Administrator, Faculty and Professional Employees Tuition Waivers Guidelines
- Tuition for Flathead Valley Community College credit courses will be waived for regular employees working a minimum of 20 hours per week. Associated fees will not be waived.
- Tuition for Flathead Valley Community College continuing education classes, with sufficient enrollment to cover costs, will be waived. Tuition waivers for continuing education classes do not include workshops or seminars. Associated class fees will not be waived.
- Work-related classes may be taken during the employee’s work schedule with prior supervisor approval.
- Non-work related classes may be taken, with prior supervisor approval, during scheduled work time, but the release time must be made up within the week granted.
- Tuition waivers for a maximum of two dependents per employee shall also be granted as specified above in 1 and 2.
Classified Employees Tuition Waiver Guidelines
- Classified employees may enroll in credit courses at the College tuition free, provided such classes do not conflict with the Employee’s work responsibilities.
- Any Employee covered by the Classified CBA and two of their dependents (spouse, children and others if defined as dependents by IRS regulations) may enroll in regular classes at the College tuition free. Only the lab fees shall be paid by the Employee.
- Any Employee covered by the Classified CBA and two of their dependents may also enroll tuition free in designated Continuing Education classes or workshops. Designated classes or workshops are those which the Continuing Education Center has determined can remain self-supporting with tuition-free students participating. The service charge and any lab fees will not be waived.
- In any case, no more than two dependents, as defined in this section, may enroll, tuition free, in any regular or Continuing Education classes at the same time.
- An Employee may be granted release time to take classes, conferences, or workshops during their working hours provided these activities are directly related to the Employee’s work assignment. This determination shall be made by the Employee’s direct supervisor, appropriate administrator, and the Human Resources Director or her/his designee.
Adjunct Faculty Employees Tuition Waiver Guidelines
- Adjunct employees are eligible for a tuition waiver equal to the amount of credits taught during the current semester. Employees may choose to either use the waiver or delegate it to a spouse or dependent (IRS definition) to be used during the current semester or the immediately following semester. Credits are not accumulative, may not be split, and can be used only by one student per semester. Tuition is waived on a space available basis after all other paying students have had an opportunity to register providing said courses do not conflict with academic responsibilities. Building fees, lab fees and mandatory course fees cannot be waived. Non‐credit waivers are determined by Continuing Education