Student Guide to Employment at Flathead Valley Community College
Part-time work for students is an important component of the Flathead Valley Community College experience. The work students do not only provides financial assistance but also provides the opportunity to gain valuable work experience.
This guide is meant to be viewed as a tutorial for all student employees at Flathead Valley Community College. You may jump to specific areas related to student employment by clicking the applicable tab or navigate through the steps below.
Student Employment Eligibility
A student employee is a part-time employee who is concurrently enrolled at Flathead Valley Community College, with the primary purpose of achieving a certificate/degree or transferring to a College within an academic program. Student employees are not eligible to receive benefits such as vacation pay or sick leave.
Student Employment Steps
If you are a student who would like to obtain part-time employment, follow these steps:
- Visit Student Jobs ADP to view current student employment opportunities. Click on job titles that interest you for details. Click the Apply button located on the posting page, and then follow the steps to complete and submit the on-line application.
- Students selected to interview for positions will be contacted to schedule interviews. Prepare for your interview.
- If selected for hire, your new supervisor will notify Human Resources.
- You will complete the New Hire Packet and bring the documents to Human Resources. The New Hire Packet must be completed prior to work.
- In order to satisfy the Form I-9 (found in the New Hire Packet) requirements, you must bring original and unexpired document(s) from this list to Human Resources.
- During the new hire process, you will receive instructions in signing up for payroll so you can record your hours worked electronically in ADP Time and Attendance System.
- You must record your hours worked, daily, and ensure that you accurately record your time. Your supervisors will approve your hours worked electronically in ADP.
- You will be paid twice a month on the 15th and the last day of the month.
We strongly encourage you to sign up for direct deposit as you will receive your pay on pay day. Whereas, it may take between 3 to 5 days for you to receive your check in the mail. If your mailed check is lost or stolen, it may take up to 14 days before a replacement check is available.
For more information on Student Employment at FVCC, contact the Student Employment Coordinator:
Human Resources Partner – Employment